Wednesday 26 September 2012

The beginning of the end


After 37 years of teaching at what was Jacob Kramer College when I arrived in Leeds and is now renamed under its former title of Leeds College of Art, I'm very aware that this aspect of my life is coming to an end. However I've still got three years, (perhaps) to go as my phased retirement draws to a close. I've decided therefore to start this blog as a repository for thoughts and reflections on the art educational experience. Over the years I've devised all sorts of methods and approaches as to how to engage art students in self reflection and develop the potential of their work. It seems at times I've forgotten more than I remember, but one of the great lessons of creativity is that everything is made clear through work. In this case the more I write I'm sure the more I will remember and that a shape to what I'm doing will gradually emerge, so here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment