Tuesday 22 January 2013

Collaboration day one

Monday and it’s snowing heavily. I have to deliver a lecture on Collaborative Practice as it’s a briefing day for the new module. I concentrate on how every artist is and always has been linked to other people. I used this diagram below as a key image, each line drawn figure being directly connected to each other and relative sizes can be changed easily according to focus.



The main historical reference I use though is Colab and 1980s post-punk practice, students seem to find the 1980s very like the present climate and I can make lots of references to both art and politics.
The afternoon is mainly spent trying to get the students into groups of 6, the following day will be working with these groups to establish what it is they can achieve in the time allocated for the module. The snow kept up and college closed early, so we all had to be out by 4.00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment