Saturday 23 November 2013

Q Arts and The Crit


I was reminded of my concerns about the crit this week.  The Q Arts book Art Crits: 20 Questions – A Pocket Guide has come out and my copy popped through the door on Monday. I was interviewed a few months back as to my thoughts and a transcript has been written up and cut into several of the book’s sections. I’m also very briefly a talking head on an accompanying video. I’m never happy to see myself on video, I just squirm thinking why did I make that face, or how did that inanity ever escape my lips, but such is the nature of contemporary media, we either have to accept it or hide away from it, I have decided to accept it. The book and video can be found at:
and

2 comments:

  1. I have a copy of this book and I read it with great interest. I do have issues with some of the writers' comments regarding art crits from the distant past. The discussions and crits I experienced with you and Partick were far from the disorganised and clumsy arrangements described by some of the writers in the book. I have yet to experience a better grounding in the arts than the one I received at Jacob Kramer in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased to hear that your experience was a good one Patrick. I've been around long enough to have seen some pretty poor practices though, so I think it's a good thing that the crit is being looked at in more detail.

    ReplyDelete