Saturday 5 April 2014

An offshoot

Although I haven't been posting to Art and Pedagogy very often I have developed an offshoot blog about drawing.

 http://fineartdrawinglca.blogspot.co.uk

After Easter I have been asked to continue working 5 days a week until June. So when I go back it will be first year assessments, then second year and then straight into third year assessments and then the final show. I have spent the last few weeks mainly planning for next year and worst of all timetabling and booking workshops. The workshops are booked, but the full timetable is yet to be finalised. A course trip is also being considered, but it has to fit exactly between different events as they occur across three different year timetables. The Drawing blog has been a brief outlet from detailed timetabling, something I still regard as a non essential and a straightjacket, even though I've been struggling with how to fit all the module delivery patterns together, the experience doesn't make me think there is some value there, simply that it takes people away from teaching time. The fact that this timetable will go up onto 'EStudio' in some ways makes it worse; students check on it to see whether it's worth going in and woe betide us if we change anything. Again the idea of an ever evolving set of questions and responses is banjaxed, I believe in not knowing where we are going, but simply having the courage to take aim and head off. Perhaps the college will allow these types of things to happen once it has its own awarding status, confidence might come from ownership, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment